Big B Amitabh Bachchan turns 74 today and there is enought reason for him to celebrate the day for the success and receiving acclaims for his latest movie 'Pink'. He was born in 1942 in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
Although there is no need to give a acquaintanence for Amitabh bachchan, real shahanshah of the Bollywood, but it would be metter to mention here that he is the son of famoud Harisvanshrai Bachchan, was a renowned Hindi poet and mother Teji Bachchan. Needless to say, his family was a close associate of the Nehru-Gandhi family.
Facts in Brief:
- It was 26th July 1982, when he witnessed a major fatel injury during shooting of the movie Coolie. Movie was directed by Manmohan Desai.
- Amitabh Bachchan started his film production company Amitabh Bachchan Corporation in 1996. Tere Mere Sapne (1996) was the first movie of his production Company.
- Was one of the judges for the 1995 Miss World beauty pageant.
- Played the role of a taacher of a blind and deaf girl in the movie 'Black. The movie released in 2005 was directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Bachchan received National Award for the movie.
- Mr. Bachchan has been said as the first Asian actor having a wax model of his likeness displayed at Madame Tussaud's in London, UK.
- Amitabh Bachchan also worked in the Hollywood movie Baz Luhrmann’s “The Great Gatsby” in 2013.
- Was honoured with the Padma Shri in 1984, the Padma Bhushan in 2001 and the Padma Vibhushan in 2015.
- The movies in which he played double role are- Aadalat (1976), Don (1978), Kasme Vaade (1978), The Great Gambler (1979), Desh Premee (1982), Satte Pe Satta (1982), Aakhree Raasta (1986), Bade Miyan Chote Miyan (1998), Lal Baadshah (1999) and Sooryavansham (1999).
- He acted as a triple role in the movie Mahaan (1983).
- He was declared as Star of the Millenium by BBC poll.