0

Incheon (South Korea): Keeping in mind the magnitude of the upcoming 17th Asian Games at Incheon, South Korea, which will secure both Indian Men’s and Women’s Hockey team a spot in the Rio Olympics 2016, both the teams are giving the final touch-up to their preparations during their training sessions here.

Speaking on Sreejesh’s comments on him being one of the key players for Asian Games, SV Sunil said, “It is purely a team effort at that moment and I will aim to create sufficient tension in the opposite camp so as to sneak the ball in the goal. I will strive to create a strategic game play to make the winning strike. Speedy passing and possession of the ball within the forward line-up is going to help us create more opportunities and currently our practice sessions are focusing on the same.”

S V Sunil further added, “Our Goalkeeper P R Sreejesh is like the pillar of our fort. Sreejesh has always given me tips on how to go through the opponents defence and which I have applied in my games. I have always taken his guidance seriously and it has helped me better myself as a player. ”

She further added, “Playing with experienced players at the midfield position including our Captain Ritu Rani, Vandana Katariya and Sushila Chanu, I have gained a lot of experience which is helping me grow as a player each day. With a synchronized combination of young and experienced players, I am confident that the team will generate desirable results.”

Post a Comment

 
Top