Today 10 October is the World Mental Health Day. The day is observed every year to raise awareness about mental health issues around the world and mobilizing efforts in support of mental health.
In a bid to create awareneness about the mental health among the people, every year October 10 is observed as the World Mental Health Day. As the problem is raising on alarming ratio for the world, now it is the time to educate and raise awareness of mental Illness and its major effects on people’s lives worldwide.
In a view to the raising danger of the issue in the world, there is a need for all persons related to mental health issues to talk about their work. It is also essential that they should work to make mental health care a reality for the people.
Facts in Brief :
According to the World Health Organisation, ‘if we don’t act urgently, by 2030 depression will be the leading illness globally.’
- Theme: This year the theme for the World Mental Health Day 2016 is-Psychological First Aid.
- It was first celebrated in 1992 at the initiative of the World Federation for Mental Health, a global mental health organization.
- The World Health Organisation recognises World Mental Health Day on 10 October every year.
- According to experts, there is a need to look after your mental health situation with judging yourself on some parameters lik Drink sensibly, Talk about your feelings, Exercise etc.
- People should keep in touch with loves ones and they should also accept about who they are.
- Apart from these, they should care for others.